Child: Can I have the McFlurry with OREO cookies?
宝宝:我能要奥利奥麦旋风吗?
Mother to Cashier: Please add that for us.
妈妈对收银员:帮我们加上这个吧。
Cashier: Will that be for here or to go?
收银员:在这儿吃还是带走?
Mother: For here please.
妈妈:在这儿吃。
Cashier: That will be $16.95 please.
一共是16.95美元。
$16.95读作sixteen dollars and ninety-five cents,也可以省略美元符号,读作sixteen ninety-five。
Mother: Here’s my credit card.
妈妈:这是我的信用卡。
Cashier: Here’s your order.
收银员:这是您点的餐。
Mother: Thank you!
妈妈:谢谢!
Cashier: Have a good one!
收银员:祝您一切顺利!
Mother: You too!
妈妈:您也是!
KFC 肯德基
Mother: We are going to have KFC for dinner tonight!
妈妈:今天晚上咱们去吃肯德基吧!
Child: Yay! My favorite!
宝宝:耶!我的最爱!
Mother: What would you like?
妈妈:你想要什么?
Child: I want popcorn chicken!
宝宝:我想要鸡米花!
Mother to Cashier: Could we please have two pieces of original chicken -- one breast and one drumstick, one order of chicken wings, a small order of popcorn chicken, a side of French fries, a side of mashed potatoes and gravy and a Pepsi?
妈妈对收银员:我们要两块原味鸡——一个鸡胸一个鸡腿、一份鸡翅,一小份鸡米花,一份薯条、一份土豆泥和一杯可乐。
(1) 鸡腿不叫chicken leg,而叫drumstick。
(2) Side指配菜,为了符合中文语言习惯,我们将a side of翻译成了一份。
(3) Coke = Coca-Cola 可口可乐,但是KFC卖的都是Pepsi-百事可乐,所以不能用coke。