Mom: They pop and fizz in your mouth.
妈妈:它们会在你嘴里爆炸,噼啪作响。
Try them and tell me what you think.
尝一尝,告诉我你觉得如何。
Child: Weird, but they're kind of fun to eat.
宝宝:有点奇怪,但是吃起来挺好玩的。
Lollipops 棒棒糖
Mom: Don't run with that lollipop in your mouth!
妈妈:别叼着棒棒糖跑!
英文里没有“叼”这个动词,可以用in your mouth表达在嘴里的状态。
Child: Why?
宝宝:为什么呀?
I'm about to finish it!
我马上就吃完了!
Mom: If you fall,
妈妈:你要是摔倒了,
the lollipop stick could hurt you!
棒棒糖的棍儿会扎到你的。
将扎直译为poke也是可以的,但是hurt在这里更常用。
Stop running and bring it to me.
别跑了,把它给我。
Child: Okay.
宝宝:好的。
Bubblegum 泡泡糖
Child: Can you show me how to blow bubbles with bubblegum?
宝宝:你能教我怎么用泡泡糖吹泡泡吗?
Mom: Sure.
妈妈:当然。
You use your tongue to flatten it a little.
用舌头把它弄平点儿。